The Henry County Library is a passport acceptance agency and is able to accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may set-up an appointment to apply for their passports at the following location:
Henry County Library | 123 E. Green St. | Clinton, MO 64735
Patrons must set-up an appointment in advance to obtain a passport. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Appointments are made with the available passport agent.
To book your appointment call 660-885-2612 or e-mail email@example.com.
For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and other passport information visit the only official website for passport information- Official Government Passport website (travel.state.gov).
Passport Acceptance Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Every 3rd Saturday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Passports usually arrive within 10-12 weeks of the application being processed. Expedited service for a 4-6 week arrival is available for a fee (see below for fee information). Anyone needing to travel sooner than 2 weeks should go to travel.state.gov for more information.
NEW PASSPORT INFORMATION – Have you ever had a passport? If you have, you need to talk to a passport agent before continuing. Please call 660-885-2612 and ask to speak to a passport agent.
- Adult Passport Requirements
- Application: Fill out the application in black ink. Can fill one out online at travel.state.gov. Form DS-11. DO NOT pay anyone online to fill one out. This is free.
- Birth Certificate: Must be from a state, county, or city (rare). It must have an embossed, raised seal (not a gold sticker seal).
- Driver’s License: Must be a current Driver’s License. It has to be a plastic card, cannot be a paper copy, and cannot have a void stamp.
- Picture: $15
- Check: The government requires a check for the fee. This can be a personal check or a Money Order. Book $110, Card $30. Both $140. Checks need to be made payable to US DEPT of STATE.
- Our fees: $35 to Henry County Library, can be check, debit, or credit.
- Juvenile Passport (under 16) Requirements
- Both parents must be at the appointment. If this can’t happen, talk to a passport agent about what your options are.
- Both parents must show Picture ID.
- Must have birth certificate and picture (same requirements as adult passport).
- Check or money order need to be made out to the US State Dept. Juvenile book $80, Juvenile card $15, execution fee is still $35 (Expedited fees- same rates as adults, see below).
- Juvenile Passport Ages 16-18 Requirements
- Same as adult passport, but must have “implied parental consent”. A signed check (from the parents’ account) will be accepted.
Expedited Services: (Book only) $60 for 4-6 weeks delivery instead of the regular 10-12 weeks (due to COVID). $17.56 for a passport to be overnighted from the Dept of State to the patron. Add this amount to the US Dept of State check/money order.
- $25 to overnight from library to US Dept of State—add this to the execution fee that goes to the library.