The Henry County Library is a passport acceptance agency and is able to accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may set up an appointment to apply for their passports at the following location:
Henry County Library | 123 E. Green St. | Clinton, MO 64735
Patrons must set up an appointment in advance to obtain a passport. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Appointments are made with the available passport agent(s).
To book your appointment call 660-885-2612.
For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and other passport information visit the only official website for passport information- The official Government Passport website (travel.state.gov).
Passport Acceptance Hours:
Mondays and fridays: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
tuesdays, wednesdays, Thursdays: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
saturday appointments vary based on passport agent availability
PASSPORTS USUALLY ARRIVE WITHIN 10-13 WEEKS FROM THE TIME THE APPLICATION IS RECEIVED AT THE APPROPRIATE PASSPORT CENTER. EXPEDITED PROCESSING (FOR AN ADDITIONAL $60) TAKES 7-9 WEEKS. ANYONE NEEDING TO TRAVEL SOONER THAN 2 WEEKS SHOULD GO TO travel.state.gov FOR MORE INFORMATION.
NEW PASSPORT INFORMATION – Have you ever had a passport? If you have, you need to talk to a passport agent before continuing. Please call 660-885-2612 and ask to speak to a passport agent.
- Adult PassportRequirements
- Application: Fill out the application in black ink. Can fill one out online at travel.state.gov. Form DS-11. DO NOT pay anyone online to fill one out. This is free.
- Birth Certificate: Must be from a state, county, or city (rare). It must have an embossed, raised seal (not a gold sticker seal).
- Driver’s License: Must be a current Driver’s License. It has to be a plastic card, cannot be a paper copy, and cannot have a void stamp.
- Picture: Passport photos may be purchased locally at CVS $17.00, Walgreen’s $16.00, Walmart – $8.00.
- Check: The government requires a check for the fee. This can be a personal check or a Money Order. Book $130, Card $30. Both $160. Checks or Money Orders need to be made payable to US DEPT of STATE.
- Execution fees: $35 to Henry County Library can be check, money order, debit, or credit.
- Juvenile Passport (under 16)Requirements
- Both parents must be at the appointment. If this can’t happen, talk to a passport agent about what your options are.
- Both parents must show Picture ID.
- Must have birth certificate and picture (same requirements as adult passport).
- Check or money order need to be made out to the US State Dept. Juvenile book $100, Juvenile card $15. Both $115. Execution fee $35 (Expedited fees- same rates as adults, see below). Execution fees are mad to the Henry County Library and can be check, money order, debit, or credit.
- Juvenile Passport Ages 16-18 Requirements
- Same as adult passport, but must have “implied parental consent”. A signed check (from the parents’ account) will be accepted.
Expedited Services: (Book only) $60 for 7-9 week delivery. $27 for a passport to be overnighted from the Dept of State to the patron. Add this amount to the US Dept of State check/money order.
- $27 to overnight from the Library to US Dept of State—add this to the execution fee that goes to the Library.